Thursday, September 21, 2023

Hirundo Rustica (i.e. Barn Swallow)

 I was shooting this rainbow back in July. I focused on the tree line. I was shooting wide open (f4 at  70mm) when this bird flew in my frame. I just had to pull the trigger, it was a reflex shot. Bird is bit bokeh, it was way closer than the tree line so that´s why.

If you look close enoughf you can see faint rainbow at the right of that clearly visible one.
Birds has gone south for a winter. I´ll see ém next May again. ´Til then; tah dah!    

26 comments:

  1. Vau, mieletön kuva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon Susu! Ei taidolla vaan tuurilla. 😉

      Delete
  2. ...a BIG WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Bill! 🙂

      Delete
  4. Thank goodness for reflex shots!! And rainbows!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely double rainbow with a bird to accent it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like said; I was photographing those rainbows. Bird was a plus.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful photo, and wonderful timing with the bird!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! They´re pretty fast creatures but I got it. 🙂

      Delete
  7. Such a gorgeous rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It was pretty axiomatic. And beautiful.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I´m sorry but I have to agree with you. 😁

      Delete
  9. Brilliant capture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bit of luck and patience it took but I´m pretty pleased to nail this one.

      Delete
  10. Great rainbow capture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my Down Underian friend!

      Delete
  11. Wow! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Die Aufnahme spricht für sich - toll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clap. Clapping. Still clapping.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and will respond to everyone. I moderate comments.