Sunday, May 21, 2023

The Devil´s Nest @ Hollola, Finland

Yesterday I went to visit a relative in Hollola. We went to this place called The Devil´s Nest. There are nice little trails that are several tens of kilometers long combined. We took the one which lead in the place mantioned. It´s market as visible in da f1rst pic.

This is introduction sign of the place. This is a Wikipedia page of it.

Place itself looked like da. I only had my long lens (70-200mm) so I couldn´t take proper pic of it. Next time I have to remembed to take my wide angle zoom (16-35mm) with me to take better pic of it. It´s in the middle of woods and I couldn´t back up any more. This photo doesn´t do justice to it. Quit the opposit actually. And Fuck Me. I forgot that I have a 27mm (in full frame terms) wide angle camera in my mobile. Damn Bastard, how stupid can one be.

We did grill some meaty sausages in open fire. That and weathers like this goes hand in hand.


As a dessert we had coffee. Coffee never tastes as good indoors as it does outdoors.
Dunno why that is but it´s a scientific fact not an opinion. ☕👍
Note the photographer on my left lens (right in da pic, dah).

14 comments:

  1. That red dot really stands out. Good to see you get out and about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, is hard to go astray when those are plenty on the way. It´s nice to go out and about. Fantastic that the Summer is finaly upon us. 😎

      Delete
  2. ...it's good to be out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mahtavia tuollaiset paikat ja toden totta, ulkona juotu kahvi on parasta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee rules! 😄☕️👍
    Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The good weather is so nice now you can go anywhere. I like that wooden cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn´t agree more.

      That´s called a Kuksa in Finnish. Traditionally it´s made of Birch Burl. Originated from Lapland I believe. Nowadays most hikers uses them around Finland though.

      Delete
  6. oooh barbeque sausages are a kiwi favourite here, just about everyone likes them especially in a sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun outing, Though the name, Devil's nest sounds tad spooky. Lovely pictures.

    https://natashamusing.com/2023/05/looking-back-on-the-days-gone-by-gratitude-natasha-musing/

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and will respond to everyone. I moderate comments.